Been on a plane headed back (home) to New England (for the holidays), and missed a couple bits that came across the screen amid airport layovers…
- TwentyFourBit (and everyone’s) fantasy BFF Tom Waits told LA Times that he might be recording a new studio album next spring. And the Waits pull quote FTW: “You write two songs and you put them in a room together and they have offspring.”
- Stereogum counted down the “14 Best Band Beefs” of the year, which is the exact kind of list we’d do if we did lists, but we don’t. Yet.
- Steven Tyler is back in Aerosmith… and rehab. Good on him, I say.
- Our friends at Flavorwire are going mad viral with their lolicious list of indie band fan stereotypes.
- Amoeba Music has a brilliant series called “What’s in My Bag?” Check out vinyl shopping selections by J. Mascis, Girls, Dead Weather, and more here.
Please stay tuned via RSS, Twitter, or our new Facebook page, as there might be a holiday-themed post coming tomorrow (before we take a day or two off). Also: it’s been almost exactly one year since TFB got off the ground, so expect an emo-esque rant of (possibly alcohol-inspired) graciousness at any moment, as well as some hints about next year’s schemes, dreams, and anti-memes.