Let’s clear out the queue with a few links making the rounds this morning…
- After 17 years, Supergrass have broken up due to “musical differences.” The good news: a handful of farewell tour dates have been announced. The bad news (for our side of the Atlantic): they’re only playing the UK and France.
- Josh Ritter played a wonderful Daytrotter session that was posted today. You can also stream his new song “Rattling Locks” at Speakers in Code. (They have a bunch of excellent interviews over there as well.)
- Ever since Rawkblog weeded through 1,038 songs for their “50 Bands To Watch” at SXSW .zip file, I’ve been right-clicking every song they post.
- According to Paste, a librarian at the Queens library named Kacper Jarecki has been given the rights to adapt Tao Lin’s first novel, Eeeee Eee Eeee, into a film. He’s chronicling this daunting adventure here.
- Flavorwire were so inspired by recent news of Thurston Moore’s upcoming lecture for children that they’ve listed “Classes We Want Our Favorite Rock Stars to Teach.”