Country music legend Loretta Lynn announced on Friday that an all-star cast of singer-songwriters have put hits from her epic oeuvre to tape for Coal Miner’s Daughter: A Tribute to Loretta Lynn, an album celebrating the 50th anniversary of her music career arriving on November 9th. In addition to a few country radio chart-topping names (Alan Jackson, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, Kid Rock), contributors include Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, Paramore, and… the White Stripes.
Hold your horses, though: there’s a strong possibility that the White Stripes hiatus has not been broken for the LP as Jack and Meg White have released their take on Loretta Lynn’s “Rated X” before and may have sent in the same track for this compilation.* That said, who knows what Jack is building in there.
Check out Jack and Meg’s previously released take on “Rated X,” as well as Paramore’s live version of “You Ain’t Woman Enough,” below:
**Update: the tracklist has arrived, confirming that the White Stripes have, indeed, contributed the “Rated X” cover mentioned above.
Coal Miner’s Daughter: A Tribute to Loretta Lynn
01. Don’t Come Home A Drinkin’ (With Lovin’ On Your Mind) – Gretchen Wilson
02. I’m A Honky Tonk Girl – Lee Ann Womack
03. Rated X – The White Stripes
04. You’re Lookin’ At Country – Carrie Underwood
05. Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man – Alan Jackson and Martina McBride
06. You Ain’t Woman Enough (To Take My Man) – Paramore
07. Love Is The Foundation – Faith Hill
08. After The Fire Is Gone – Steve Earle and Allison Moorer
09. If You’re Not Gone Too Long” – Reba
10. I Know How – Kid Rock
11. Somebody Somewhere (Don’t Know What He’s Missin’ Tonight) – Lucinda Williams
12. Coal Miner’s Daughter – Loretta Lynn, Sheryl Crow and Miranda Lambert