Wanda Jackson, the “Queen of Rockabilly” herself, has announced details for her highly anticipated covers record, The Party Ain’t Over, an 11-track LP produced by Jack White featuring guest performances by My Morning Jacket’s Carl Broemel, Jackson Smith, Karen Elson, Raconteurs/Greenhornes members Patrick Keeler and Jack Lawrence, country singer Ashley Monroe, and, of course, Jack.
The album, which will be jointly released by Nonesuch and Third Man Records (on vinyl) on January 25, includes covers of songs spanning a century, such as Jimmie Rodgers’ 1930 song “Blue Yodel #6,” “Nervous Breakdown,” Jackson’s previously released take on Amy Winehouse hit “You Know I’m No Good,” and “Thunder on the Mountain,” Bob Dylan’s Modern Times cut that Dylan himself recommended to White.
Read a recent chat with Jackson by Immaculate Noise ahead of her Americana Awards Lifetime Achievement honor (presented by White) tonight, preview “You Know I’m No Good” here, and spy the full tracklist below:
The Party Ain’t Over
01. Shakin’ All Over (Johnny Kidd)
02. Rip It Up (Robert Blackwell, John Marascalco)
03. Busted (Harlan Howard)
04. Rum and Coca-Cola (Jeri Sullavan, Paul Baron, Morey Amsterdam)
05. Thunder on the Mountain (Bob Dylan)
06. You Know I’m No Good (Amy Winehouse)
07. Like A Baby (Jesse Stone)
08. Nervous Breakdown (Mario Roccuzzo)
09. Dust on the Bible (Johnny Bailes, Walter Bailes)
10. Teach Me Tonight (Sammy Cahn, Gene de Paul)
11. Blue Yodel #6 (Jimmie Rodgers)