More posts are on the way, but here are a few links to start the day…
- St. Vincent’s Annie Clark told the WSJ (via Rawktumblr) that she’s “going to start recording next month, so probably a record out in the fall.” Also, the album she’s making with David Byrne is still in the works, as the pair have recorded “about four songs” for the ongoing project so far. While we wait, watch a short chat and performance Clark contributed to an online Middle East peace rally last month here.
- The Streets are streaming Mike Skinner’s new (and possibly final) album under the moniker, Computers and Blues, over at the Hype Machine.
- Will Oldham sat down for a must-read talk with R. Kelly for Interview Magazine. Also, two new Bonnie “Prince” Billy clips surfaced on YouTube: a rare television performance on Australian television from 1999 and his recent Trembling Bells collaboration, “New Year’s Eve’s the Loneliest Night of the Year.”
- Low are offering a free download of their new single, “Try to Sleep,” off their forthcoming album, C’mon.
- The Decemberists invoked the great Burt Bacharach on Nickelodeon’s Yo Gabba Gabba for their new animal-themed song, “The Great Outdoors.”