Hope everyone’s having a great weekend so far. Here’s a few links of note this Saturday afternoon…
- Drowned in Sound, one of our favorite long-running music sites, let me round up music news highlights from January. Enjoy last month’s bits about Radiohead, Kate Bush, and a slew of other artists here.
- The Strokes’ first single off Angles, “Under Cover of Darkness,” is now up on Amazon, where you can stream a 30-second snippet of the comeback tune.
- LCD Soundsystem announced their last show ever at Madison Square Garden in April: “We will be playing with friends and family for nearly 3 hours–playing stuff we’ve never played before and going out with a bang… If it’s a funeral, let’s have the best funeral ever!!!”
- David Bowie has posted a brief message of support for his former producer/collaborator Niles Rodgers, who is currently fighting cancer.
- New tunes/videos arrived from The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Danielson, Cold Cave, Marissa Nadler, The Submarines, and Those Darlins.