We’re busy gearing up to fly to Austin for Waynestock and the Axis of Audio day party, in addition to a dozen other events taking place during SXSW, so here are some afternoon links to enjoy in the meantime (though more posts are on the way shortly):
- Tom Waits was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last night by Neil Young before performing 4 songs, including “Get Behind the Mule” with Young himself. While the broadcast won’t air on FUSE until Sunday (3/20), reports from the event have surfaced with a sneak peek at the ceremony. One great quote (of many) from Waits: “They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with, and they say that like it’s a bad thing.” For a longer excerpt of his speech, visit Anti Blog.
- Our esteemed friends at Drowned In Sound and yours truly teamed up for the latest chapter in our series of news round-ups with a brand new concept in which updates on artists are accompanied by their most recent streaming songs. Behold! Music News Mixtape #1, featuring Nick Cave, Bat For Lashes, Laura Marling, and many more.
- Iron & Wine covered George Michael’s “One More Try” for AV Club’s ongoing “Undercover” series. Watch the performance here.
- The Strokes are streaming LP4, Angles, in full on their website.
- David Lynch will direct a live webcast of a Duran Duran concert next week. Check out the trailer and other details here.